The Djerassi Resident Artists Program is hiring a Residency and Onsite Program Manager
Salary - From $30,000 a year
Job Type - Full-time
Full Job Description
RESIDENCY AND ONSITE PROGRAM MANAGER
The role of the Residency and Onsite Program Manager is to assure a high quality experience for the artists in residence and guests to the ranch attending programs; maintain high standards of residency and on site arts program operations; and serve as resident-in-place to ensure ranch security. Work includes offering administrative, logistical and social support to the residents, guests and staff, providing an organized program structure, ensure preparation of and ongoing coordination of facilities for programs and artists, oversee supplies, provide administrative oversight, and collaborate with the Program administration on public events.
RESIDENCY PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
Resident Artist Arrival and Orientation
· Communicate with artists’ before arrival to coordinate pre-residency logistics and expectations including airport pickup and departure schedules.
· Receive and file pre-residency artist forms such as transportation, dietary restrictions, medical form, liability waivers, etc.
· Prepare rooms, studios, and mailboxes for artists arrival.
· Conduct pre-arrival orientation with Program Director.
· Be available at the ranch on arrival day to welcome artists and show them to their studios.
· Conduct group orientation and tour of facilities with each arriving group of artists, and participate in Chef's orientation for artists.
· Assist with artist’s needs regarding studio set up, equipment and supply procurement, incoming and outgoing shipping, general information and other requirements.
· Oversee room-assignment lists and duty lists.
· Coordinate artists’ furniture and equipment needs.
· Set-up and host weeknight dinners and assist with weekend meal planning. Coordinate chef grocery disbursal and inventory.
· Organize a town trip once a week and trips to Palo Alto and vicinity for artist supplies and errands, and occasional other trips to various Bay Area locations.
· Assist with artist presentations and artists’ pages program.
· Work with Program Assistant to collect, label, display, then store artists pages.
· Work with Program & Marketing Assistant to photograph residents in studio for records, marketing, grants use, and create annual photo album documenting artist-in-residence.
· Oversee contract housekeeping personnel.
· Coordinate needs and care of house and barn household items including appliances, dishes, bedding, towels, disposable products, etc.
· Coordinate and provide on-call emergency assistance in coordinated schedule with onsite staff.
· Regularly convey information about the residency program and ranch activities to the Executive Director, Program Director, Accounting and other staff as appropriate.
· Mediate problems that arise between artists. Ensure a safe, respectable environment for all residents.
· Maintain libraries.
· Ensure compliance with Program rules.
· Coordinate with administrative activities including: general office procedures, file maintenance; traffic journal; supply inventories; office, AV equipment and artists' computers maintenance and repair; artists' tabs, artists' evaluations, equipment check-out, artists' project documentation, mail delivery; and other administrative tasks needed for efficient and effective residency operation.
· Review monthly artist evaluations and list repairs for review during staff meetings.
· Oversee updating of Survival Manual.
· Set up artist files and tabs for each session, coordinate sales to artists and check-out procedures. Secure artists' evaluations.
Artistic Programs and Special Events
· Contribute to evacuation planning, lead evacuations as necessary.
· Coordinate on site needs for programs with partner organizations and artists.
· Coordinate on site needs for annual fundraiser: Artful Harvest.
· Coordinate on site needs for Open House/Open Studios.
· Coordinate on site needs for alumni and other visits.
· This position requires Manger to live on site
· Residency and Onsite Program Manager must hold a valid driver’s license and have their own transportation due to the remote location of the Program.
· Re-certification for CPR and First Aid training required every 2 years.
· Up to date knowledge of emergency evacuation routes and emergency procedures required.
Compensation is $30,000/year + generous vacation and benefits package. Housing and meals will be provided as part of the compensation.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
All artists must be vaccinated to participate in residencies. Additionally, numbers of residents has been reduced to half in order to maintain distances. All artists have their own private bathrooms.
- One location