ASU-Leonardo is looking for Program Coordinator
Coordinates activities and functions of a designated program to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. This classification is intended for positions that have responsibility for a particular program; the program provides a specific service or carries out specific activities as a separate entity or as a component program within a department, but it is not a department itself.
Job Family: Business Operations
Department Name: Sch Future of Innov in Society
VP Code: EXEC VP/PROVOST
Scope of Search: Open
Grant Funded Position: This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Salary Range: $32,663 - $43,000 per year; DOE
Close Date: 12-August-2021
- Advance an array of business development and fundraising activities through grant research and writing, cultivation and solicitation of philanthropic donors, support and develop new revenue sources, promote enterprise and venture development;
- Develop marketing and communication materials, reports, promotional assets, presentations; Coordinate marketing calendar and related development schedule.
- Manage social media and website development to maintain current and regularly updated online presence;
- Coordinate and provide support for signature ASU-Leonardo programs in different stages of development, including but not limited to: Leonardo Vision 2028, with ASU Foundation; Seize the Moment (STM) program with the Humanities Lab, including Leo Labs and Leo LiftOff Platform; Leonardo Imagination Fellowships; LASER ASU; Leonardo & Global Futures Lab; ASU-Leonardo in L.A., D.C., Mesa; Emerge Festival; collaborative opportunities with Thunderbird, Interplanetary Initiative, and others;
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar, schedule, travel arrangements, and administrative support; Coordinate and provide support for ASU-Leonardo executive meetings, Leonardo Board relations, and ASU-Leonardo advisory, development and partnership meetings.
- Coordinate fiscal administration to adhere to budget guidelines; prepare and provide financial reports for review; coordinate procurement, expense deployment and reimbursement, as needed
- Provide other assistance and perform special projects as requested.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Five years relevant experience
- Experience with ASU brand standards or other public facing enterprise branding.
- Experience with ASU development, administrative and communications systems.
- Experience in grant research, writing and development
- Experience presenting ideas to individuals, groups, and multiple stakeholders and ability to gather consensus.
- Experience in content marketing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public engagement practices and donor communication/relationships.
- Experience in working with multiple, diverse stakeholders and coordinate deadlines.
- Experience in working both independently and as part of a team, spanning multiple locations, time zones, and cultures.
- Experience in taking initiative and set priorities while remaining sufficiently nimble in embracing unanticipated opportunities.
- Experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience in work that requires organization and attention to details.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining good public relations and effective working relationships with diverse populations.
- Experience in problem solving and decision-making.
- Evidence in having a keen sense of humor, humility, and humanity.
- Activities may be performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Activities may also be performed at a remote location.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
Established in 2019, ASU-Leonardo turns scholarly insight into creative practice. ASU-Leonardo empowers agile, collaborative strategies to drive global futures of industry , policy and learning. We support public engagement, intergenerational mentorship, micro-credentials, early-career publishing, experimental media platforms and creative enterprise development. ASU-Leonardo leverages the combination of Leonardo’s world-class creative content and network, and ASU’s leadership as the #1 public research institution in Innovation and in Sustainability, to build more vibrant, just, and global futures.
Leonardo fosters transformation through creativity. Since 1968, Leonardo has served as THE community network to convene, research, collaborate and disseminate best practices at the nexus of arts, science and technology worldwide. Aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Leonardo supports transdisciplinary scholars, artists, scientists, technologists and thinkers who experiment with new, cutting-edge approaches, practices, systems and solutions to tackle the most complex challenges facing humanity today.
As a not-for-profit 501(c)3 enterprising think tank, Leonardo offers a global platform for creative exploration and collaboration, reaching tens of thousands of people across 135 countries. Our flagship publication, Leonardo, the world’s leading scholarly journal on transdisciplinary art, anchors a robust publishing partnership with MIT Press. Our creative programs span thought-provoking events, exhibits, residencies and fellowships, scholarship and social enterprise ventures. Our transformative partnership with Arizona State University (ASU-Leonardo) infuses educational innovation with digital art and media for lifelong learning.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.