SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award - 2022
Nominations for the 2022 SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award are now being accepted!
The Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art is presented annually to an artist who has created a substantial and important body of work that significantly advances aesthetic content in the field of digital art.
Submit your nomination for the Distinguished Artist Award by January 31, 2022
Award, Digital Art
ACM SIGGRAPH members are invited to nominate individuals for the Distinguished Artist Award by contacting the Artist Award Chair by January 31 each year. Nominations are evaluated by the Art Award Committee, should include as much information about the nominee as possible, specifically:
- Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone number and/or email address are also appreciated).
- References to web sites showing the artist’s works and texts when applicable (multiple references are welcome).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement describing the significance of the artist’s contributions according to the criteria below.
Criteria for the Distinguished Artist Award:
- The artist has been contributing internationally to the digital arts for more than 20 years.
- The artist has produced important work(s) referenced in digital art history/theory papers/books.
- The artist has established an unexplored area in the field of digital art/media art.
- The artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in creative expression.
- The artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or practice of digital art through writing and presentations at conferences and symposia.