PRIX ARS ELECTRONICA 22022 is Calling for Applications
Dates or Deadline:
13 January 2022 to 2 March 2022
The Prix Ars Electronica is the world’s most time-honored media arts competition. Winners are eligible for the coveted Golden Nica awards and monetary prizes of up to 10,000 euros in each category. They will also be featured at the Ars Electronica Festival from September 7 to 11, 2022!
In addition, there is a further prize, the Award for Digital Humanity, worth 10,000 euros initiated by the Austrian Foreign Ministry.
- A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than one work.
- Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted materials cannot be returned.
- In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules apply to each individual category. (have a look at the category descriptions)
- If your entry is awarded a prize or receives a Honorary Mention, your material will be used for the catalog, DVD (CD) and the Prix Ars Electronica website (see Rights), so we ask you to prepare your picture and text material carefully.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors and patrons of the Prix Ars Electronica, staff members of organizations that have established and endowed an individual category, as well as the competition’s jurors are ineligible to participate.
- If you send in additional material pertaining to your submission via post, please mail it by the submission deadline (date of postmark is determinative) to: Ars Electroncia Linz GmbH & Co KG, Ars-Electronica-Straße 1, 4040 Linz, Austria, Code: “Category (e.g. Computer Animation)”
- Submitting an entry to the Prix Ars Electronica is free of charge.
- Submission Deadline: March 2, 2022
- Jury Sessions: April 28 – May 1, 2022
- Notification: Winners of Golden Nicas, Awards of Distinction and Honorary Mentions will be notified before end of May, 2022. (Ars Electronica only notificate in case the project is selected for the prize)
- Awards Ceremony: The Prix Ars Electronica ceremony will take place during the Ars Electronica Festival (September 7-11, 2022). Winners of Golden Nicas and Awards of Distinction must make a commitment to accepting their awards and to presenting their works at the Prix Ars Electronica Forum, an artist symposium. Groups and institutions are requested to nominate a representative to fulfill this commitment.
Ars Electronica Linz GmbH & Co KG,