DIGIFEST 2021 VIRTUAL EXHIBITION
The 8th edition of DUT’s Faculty of Arts and Design Digital Festival (DigiFest’21) will be held as a virtual event from 19-21 October 2021.
Like 2020, this year's event will be held completely online due to the pandemic. The aim of the DigiFest event is to promote collaborative practices (creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship) in art, design, and technology. This is achieved through the following objectives:
- To showcase and facilitate creative projects that incorporate interdisciplinary skills and digital technologies.
- To interrogate the transformative vision of the future in arts and design fields.
- To demonstrate the economic significance of digital skills and technologies.
The theme of this year's event is ‘UNMASKED’, which conveys the notion of using our experiences during the pandemic to unleash creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship to solve problems after the pandemic. Creative/innovative work may be submitted in two categories:
Category 1- Unmasked: (Reflections) This category accepts creative works that reflects creativity/ innovation and entrepreneurship from interdisciplinary, creative and innovative perspectives during the initial COVID-19 spread.
Category II- Post COVID-19 (Future imaginings): This category accepts submission of creative work that captures the future of design, technology and innovation since the pandemic.
I. Creative work: illustration & graphic design, fashion design, jewellery design, interior design, product design (CAD Model/prototype), artwork images/ digital photograph, multimedia/ video (animation, drama/skit), game design, magazine article/poem, audio/visual (comedy, or music), etc.
II. Description of project (250–500 words): Submit via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 20 August.
• Certificates for ALL exhibitors.
• Best Individual Exhibition Award (Faculty/ Institution/ External).
• Best Group Exhibition Award (Faculty/ Institution/ External).
• Best live (virtual) Presentation Award – 20-minute talk (by the exhibitor/s) on
their virtual exhibition.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES, KINDLY EMAIL THE DIGIFEST MANAGER. EMAIL: DIGIFEST@DUT.AC.ZA